Governors Statement John Ray Infants September 2018
Our governing body is the key strategic decision-making body of the school and we set the school’s strategic framework from which all staff follow.
We agree the priorities, aims and objectives for the school and sign off the policies, plans and targets in order to achieve them.
We check on progress and regularly review the strategic framework for the school in light of that progress. The governors do not get involved in the day to day running of the school but support the headteacher’s leadership whilst making her accountable for the performance of the children and staff.
We have a strategic role to promote high standards of educational achievement, ensuring that adequate plans are made and legal obligations are met.
The governors at John Ray Infants have a responsibility to:
- Promote and maintain high standards of educational attainment
- Agree the school development plan
- Set an annual budget detailing planned spending
- Approve a staffing structure
- Ensure the safeguarding and health and safety of children and staff
- Deal with complaints against the school